Digital Storytelling, Innovation, and Fundraising
In today’s rapidly changing world—in which budgets are stretched and people are increasingly embracing digital platforms to work, live, and connect—nonprofits must follow suit and reinvent themselves in order to remain relevant. Nonprofits that previously focused on in-person fundraising and marketing are now forced to diversify their service delivery efforts and their efforts to engage current and prospective supporters. Learn strategies, tools, and tactics to enable nonprofits to leverage digital platforms in order to effectively and efficiently raise awareness about their causes, diversify their fundraising, and innovate to become more relevant. Explore emerging tech, including augmented reality, cryptocurrencies, virtual events, virtual reality, and WhatsApp messaging. Based on the trends, best practices, tools, and strategies presented in the course, develop an actionable digital strategy (e.g., SWOT analysis, content strategy, communications plan, metrics) to increase fundraising and improve supporter engagement for organizations.
- Storytelling and Fundraising Ecosystems
- Trends, Best Practices, Tools, and Platforms
- Best Practices and Case Studies
- Integrated Digital Fundraising and Marketing Strategies
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising or the Certificate in Digital Fundraising. Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Digital Storytelling, Innovation, and Fundraising is applicable for 20 points in Category 1.B–Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of social media and online fundraising tools
- Knowledge of the complexity of technology and fundraising
- Knowledge about trends and best practices in digital fundraising and marketing.
- An understanding of your organization’s digital storytelling ecosystem and related platforms that enable your organization to effectively engage and activate its supporters.
- The ability to identify the digital platforms and tools to realize your goals and maximize your budget.
- Experience developing an integrated digital fundraising and marketing strategy for your organization.
- Fundraising staff members
- Annual fund directors
- Database managers
DateOct 17 - Nov 28
- Oct 17 – Nov 21
- 6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Instructor Led
- Nov 28 – Nov 28
- 6:00PM – 8:00PM
- Instructor Led