Planned Giving: Gift Annuities, Trusts, and Donor-Advised Funds
Perhaps now more than ever during these unprecedented, pandemic times, planned giving offers donors a way to make a charitable impact. Planned gifts also offer charity a steady stream of revenue despite economic volatility. Explore the tools and techniques of a planned giving campaign, focusing on estate gifts; gifts of art, real estate, and other assets; charitable gift annuities and trusts; and the newer models for gift planning, such as donor-advised funds. Learn to structure a planned giving campaign, including audience identification, marketing and communications, engaging events, and administration of planned gifts. Learn tools for being an effective individual gift planning officer in educating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding such gifts.
- Planned Giving Terminology, Definitions, Players
- Why people give -- from the head (tax and financial) and the heart
- The Planned Gift Campaign
- Current Planned Gifts; Classification of Gifts; Endowment Basics
- Future Planned Gifts -- structuring, soliciting, and funding
- Life-Income Gifts (trusts and annuities), and Next Generation Gift Planning Strategies
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Planned Giving: Gift Annuities, Trusts, and Donor-Advised Funds is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures for securing major gifts through planned giving
- An understanding of the law regarding planned giving
- Applied knowledge on planned gift solicitation and how to effectively execute successful campaigns
- Planning giving officers
DateNov 9 - Dec 14