A Brief History of Wales
An enthralling history, a richly enduring culture, and colorful ancient traditions reflect the unique heritage of Wales. Against a backdrop of great scenic beauty, study Wales from the Middle Ages to the present to learn about the unique country houses, including treasure-filled Erddig; the Victorian seaside resort, Aberystwyth; world famous Welsh literary and choral traditions; and the renowned annual celebratory Eisteddfod cultural festival. Also, uncover the role played by the medieval Welsh nobility and the reasons why Edward I of England in the 13th century built imposing castles in Wales as formidable as Caernarfon, why England’s Tudor dynasty has a Welsh lineage, and why Prince Charles as heir to the throne is the Prince of Wales.
You'll Walk Away with
- Familiarity with important castles and estates in Wales
- An understanding of Wales’ contribution to literature and music
- Knowledge of the British royal family’s connection to Wales
- Anyone interested in British history
- All members of the community—working, retired, and in between