Fundraising Career and Philanthropy: An Overview
Fundraising is one of the most rewarding careers to enter. It presents opportunities to serve compelling missions and to take on real professional responsibilities, but success in this challenging world requires knowledge and specific skills. This course covers the importance of philanthropy to the mission of nonprofits, the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, the history of charitable giving in the United States, the motivations of donors at all levels, useful stewardship practices, and the effective management of a development department. During this course, learn to research giving trends, wealth indicators, and philanthropic programs that impact community needs.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the importance of philanthropy and charitable giving to the US economy
- Techniques used by nonprofit organizations to solicit and secure private support
- Knowledge of the motivations and rationale that encourage donors to make annual gifts and major gifts
- The ability to differentiate the techniques needed to secure annual, major, and estate gifts
- The skills to write compelling case statements and fundraising communications