AutoCAD Professional Level I
Learn the fundamentals of AutoCAD in this hands-on course, and discover how to prepare 2D drawings for architecture, interior design, mechanical and structural engineering, and other design fields. Topics include the AutoCAD drawing interface; display commands; modify commands; CAD tools and drawing setup, including scale, coordinate systems, snaps, and grips; basic draw and edit command functions; layers; text; blocks; plotting; and printing basics.
Note: Registering at least two weeks prior to the start of the course date is highly recommended. Popular classes fill up quickly and more specialized classes need sufficient enrollment.
For general information about this course, please contact 212-992-3336.
If you are registered for an online course and are not able to access/view your course in NYU Classes, please note the following:
- It may take at least 24 hours from the time you registered for your information to be transferred into NYU Classes.
- New students registering two days or LESS before the start date of the course may experience delayed access.
For additional technical support, contact the IT Service Desk (available 24/7/365) at 212-998-3333 or AskITS@nyu.edu.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to perform basic drawing commands
- The skills to construct 2D drawings
- Design professionals in architecture, interior design, engineering, and construction
- AutoCAD users