Real Estate and Construction Diploma in Small and Medium Construction Project Management
This diploma program is no longer accepting new applications.
Current Students, please use the Diplomas in Real Estate and Construction Fall 2019 Bulletin to view our course offerings.
Position yourself to become a successful project manager within the multibillion-dollar construction industry. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that, by 2024, the demand for skilled construction project management professionals will grow by five percent. The Diploma in Small and Medium Construction Project Management provides the specialized skills to build and strengthen your practical and technical knowledge, preparing you to successfully manage construction projects. Topics covered include construction planning, scheduling, estimating, bidding, awards, contracts, logistics, site management, cost control, safety, insurance, bonds, quality assurance, and risk management.
The Diploma in Small and Medium Construction Project Management provides the skills needed to establish or advance in careers in this field. The Diploma delivers a practical application of knowledge and experience that leverages real-world simulations, project scenarios, and case studies to provide a hands-on learning experience.
This diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the five required courses. Click on the courses below for course sections and times.
If you need additional advisement, please email the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the project life cycle from the inception to completion and the construction project management processes involved at each stage
- An understanding of roles and responsibilities of stakeholders
- Effective communication skills to lead a team toward a common goal
- Familiarity with construction-related documents, agreements, and delivery methods and knowledge of when to use them to achieve desired project outcomes
- The ability to analyze construction management problems and identify and define the requirements appropriate to their solutions
- A working knowledge of management tools and techniques necessary for successful project management