Reimagining Performing Arts Organizations in the 21st Century
Integrate the principles covered in the required courses of this certificate program to the unique opportunities presented by performing arts organizations in the 21st Century. Participants will explore innovative ways to reimagine programs that further a performing arts organization’s mission while attending to the needs and interests of its existing and potential communities. Participants will further develop their skills for planning, budgeting, raising funds for, and/or marketing theatre, dance, music, and multidisciplinary seasons. This course may be used to fulfill the requirements of the Certificate in Arts Management.
This course is delivered in an online format that uses a combination of real time, instructor-led (synchronous) video meetings, as well as self-paced (asynchronous) learning within NYU’s online learning platform, with weekly deadlines for lesson and assignment completion .
Questions? Contact us at The Center for Publishing and Applied Liberal Arts: Email email@example.com or call 212-998-7289.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the special challenges facing performing arts organizations
- Strategies for conceptualizing and implementing performances
- Knowledge of how the different functions of a performing arts organization work together
- Prospective and practicing arts professionals
- Those interested in working specifically with performing arts organizations