Socially Responsible Investing
Throughout the course, students develop both practical and critical thinking on fundamental issues related to socially responsible investing (SRI) and its economic, social, and business impacts. Case-based evidence is used to reinforce the significant materiality of SRI issues within society and markets. Students explore the many stakeholders involved within the SRI ecosystem by analyzing the multitude and complexity of interests surrounding SRI themes. They also learn the basis of SRI markets offerings, from investment funds to capital markets-related investing opportunities. Students become knowledgeable of how SRI fits within a firm’s broader mission purpose and how to assimilate the impacts of the growing demand from stakeholders to address SRI issues. Students also acquire the skills to develop specific SRI investment strategies and critically select SRI investment products within current corporate markets.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the socially responsible investing (SRI) landscape
- The ability to correlate primary stakeholders within diverse markets
- The skills to employ key SRI factors into current business decisions by working on markets-based SRI investment themes
- Those interested in pursuing a career in the ESG landscape
- Finance professionals who seek more knowledge about socially responsible investment