Marketing and Public Relations Diploma in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing accounts for half of all marketing and advertising spending in the United States and was projected to exceed TV advertising in 2016. After completing the Diploma in Digital Marketing, you will be able to develop a holistic digital marketing strategy that meets organizational goals and that maximizes digital initiatives across an organization. This diploma is designed for professionals with an understanding of marketing fundamentals, including assessing brand strategy, positioning, and communicating a brand’s story in an online world. As a participant in this program, you will broaden your understanding of how to develop a customer-centric digital experience that engages customers along their journey.
This program will enable you to advance your understanding and implementation of digital marketing techniques. Also, you will learn how to develop and implement effective digital cross-channel strategy; optimize paid, owned, earned, and social media channels across platforms, including mobile; map the customer journey with online and offline touch points; leverage search engine marketing (SEO and SEM), inbound marketing, social media channels and campaigns, and email marketing campaigns; and analyze ROI and ROMS.
As a student in this program, you will engage in a hands-on approach to campaign strategy, creation, and optimization. Through class discussion, assigned reading, presentations, quizzes, brand evaluations, and a final exam, you will learn to plan and execute the latest in digital marketing strategy. To be successful in this program, you must complete all assignments and presentations, have a desire to learn, actively participate in class, and take a final exam. You will be evaluated on attendance, participation, presentations, and testing. In hands-on workshops, you will be asked to evaluate brands; create campaigns; and demonstrate your knowledge of digital strategy assessment, development, and multichannel marketing techniques.
- Proficiency in working in and across digital channels, analytics, and optimization
- Proficiency in optimizing search engine marketing, including paid search and SEO
- Proficiency in creating content strategy and promotion via various digital channels including mobile
- The ability to monitor analytics and to establish success metrics for ongoing strategic planning
- An understanding of how marketing channels work together to impact brand strategy
Schedule and Format
- Blended (online and in-person)
- Four noncredit courses
- On average, students take one course per semester, fall/spring/summer
- The Diploma must be completed within two years
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses within two years.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Division of Programs in Business at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- The skills to assess and evaluate and organization's digital strategy
- The ability to map the customer journey to key consumer touch points and to maximize the effectiveness of an organization's digital footprint
- The knowledge to develop, execute, monitor, and maintain digital advertising campaigns
- The ability to deploy SEM techniques in order to attract, activate, and retain customers
- A mobile-first mindset that caters to the explosion of mobile growth in B2B and B2C marketing