How do you learn a profession that didn’t exist 10 years ago? In the 21st century, a brand is best known by those with purchasing power by its presence on social media—the content a brand produces and the social media savvy with which it navigates marketing and public relations in the digital space. In today’s world, marketers are expected to navigate the online and offline worlds simultaneously. With a job-growth rate above the national average at nine percent for advertising, marketing, promotions, and public relations through 2024 (BLS), marketers must be well versed in how to navigate a brand through social media’s every ebb and flow. The Advanced Diploma in Social Media Marketing will prepare you for a career in marketing and communications, for which social media is as critical as the Internet in a brand’s communication strategy. This diploma program brings together theory and practice in various digital mediums—providing hands-on experience with actual brand issues and real-time consumer temperaments. The four-course program breaks down why people are compelled to engage with brands on social media and mixes the fun and collaborative nature of the Internet into “snackable content” that social media professionals can use in relation to their brand in the context of their target consumers’ wants and needs. Upon completion of the program, you will emerge with the skills needed for real-world application and with the ability to speak knowledgeably on branding’s biggest query—how to stay relevant in this fast-paced medium.
As a student in the program, you will develop a comprehensive social media marketing plan with sample content materials for various social platforms. The work product will address the program objectives in an integrated manner to showcase your ability to think of social media marketing as a component of a brand’s larger marketing ecosystem. The program will set perimeters that will allow you to create a fully developed social media marketing plan that addresses common social media industry issues.
- The ability to manage various social media communities and to engage with consumers on behalf of a brand
- The skill set to develop strategic social media marketing plans for marketing departments
- The skills to analyze social media engagement efforts and to propose new strategies based on insights and industry trends
- The knowledge to optimize social media content for multiple social media platforms
- Social Media Community Manager
- Social Media Marketing Manager (Brand Management)
- Digital Marketing Associate
- Associate Analyst, Digital (Agency)
You'll Walk Away With
- The skills to review and analyze social media platforms and content for optimization and strategic development
- Techniques for monitoring industry trends and emerging platforms for new brand marketing opportunities
- The ability to develop fully integrated, strategic social media marketing proposals for paid, owned, and earned social media engagement
- Best practices for developing social analytics reporting methods and for providing insights on strategic planning for social channels