Global Affairs and Fundraising Certificate in Data Analytics
Data is a group of facts that can take many different forms, such as numbers, pictures, words, videos, observations, and more, and is constantly being amassed across industries in order to better understand and solve important issues. Data analytics is the collection, transformation, and organization of these facts in order to draw conclusions, make predictions, and drive informed decision-making. Organizations need data analysts to prepare, process, analyze, and visualize data to discover patterns and trends. Their work empowers their wider team to make better business decisions. See program outline here.
This program is designed for professionals across disciplines who are seeking to develop the analytical mindset needed to make actionable decisions and strategies by analyzing and interpreting multiple types of data.
Courses will provide a foundational grounding in statistical analysis, database management, analytic software and tools, and training to communicate findings. Through industry-based electives, participants will be able to apply the skills within a practical context and gain experience with real-world applications.
Individuals starting the program should possess the following core competencies in Excel:
- Creating basic charts
- Filtering and sorting data
- Formulas such as SUM, SUMIF, COUNT, COUNTIF, IF, VLOOKUP
5 Courses Total - Please view the full list of elective requirements here.
- Statistics Requirement - Foundational Statistics (Should be taken first)
- Relational Database Management Elective (select one) - Students should select SQL Programming Language unless they identify as an HR professional, in which case they may opt to register for Database Management Using SQL.
- Data Visualization Elective (select one) - Visual Analytics with Tableau or Statistical Foundations of Data Visualization
- Statistical Programming Elective (select one) - Introduction to Python Programming or Data Analysis with R (new)
- Industry Analytics Elective (select one) - Current list here with new Industry electives to be added (Suggested to be taken last)
Please view the full list of elective requirements here.
For more information about the Certificate in Data Analytics, please reach out to Michelle D’Amico at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- A foundational grounding in statistical analysis, database management, and analytic software and tools
- The ability to compile and communicate findings