Social entrepreneurship is an emerging field that involves the development of new approaches and business models to solve society’s toughest challenges. Social businesses add a social purpose to business focusing on the “triple bottom line,” prioritizing the three Ps: people, planet, and profit (not just profit alone).
Successful social entrepreneurs require creativity and passion, as well as a solid understanding of business operation and management principles. This course offers aspiring social entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn about what a social enterprise is and to gain the foundational skills to launch one of their own. By the end of the course, students will have a deeper understanding of the social entrepreneurship sector and the skills necessary to fund, launch, and administer such a venture.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to apply the business model canvas to frame your startup’s operations
- The skills to identify specific target markets and their product needs and psychology
- The skills to create a value proposition for your startup enterprise
- Practice presenting your business plan to judges succinctly and confidently
- The ability to hold up to expert scrutiny of your business plan
- The knowledge and passion to persuade judges so they support your project and to respond effectively to critical questions about it
- The skills to present extensive market research, as well as critical and creative thinking
- The ability to exhibit compelling evidence that your enterprise presents a true opportunity not only for profits but also for social purpose
- Those interested in launching a new social enterprise or retooling of an existing organization
- Professionals who seek to learn more about social entrepreneurship