To earn a certificate, students must declare their candidacy at the start of their program of study. To do so, please use the button above.
The Certificate in Restaurant Management is designed to build knowledge for someone just entering the restaurant industry, as well as to make current industry employees better rounded and more qualified. If you already work in the industry, this certificate will introduce you to elements outside your current job responsibilities, and greater knowledge means enhanced value to your employer. You will increase your confidence, your knowledge of best practices, and your financial and operational competency, thus preparing you to reach the next level in your career. If you are new to the hospitality or restaurant industry, then this certificate will provide you with strong foundational instruction to prepare you to enter the field. The Certificate in Restaurant Management also is beneficial to those who simply want to know more about how restaurants work.
After completing the Certificate program, you will have:
- A restaurant concept and business plan of your own
- The ability to implement a cohesive sales and marketing strategy for a restaurant
- Knowledge of how to fund and oversee the financial management of a restaurant
- The skills to effectively staff and manage restaurant operations
All courses in this certificate are taught asynchronously online. This certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses and two electives. The first three required courses listed must be taken first, followed by two electives, and ending with the Capstone course.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Best practices and new skills in problem-based learning
- Enhanced knowledge of the restaurant industry
- The ability to challenge currently known and newly learned restaurant trends and application through critical thinking