Wine Online: From the Old World to the New World
Become the go-to wine guru for all of your friends. This course will give you a foundation for a lifetime of wine appreciation—what to look for in a glass of wine to how to describe wine, how to read labels, how to pair wine with food, and how winemaking decisions impact today’s liquid assets. The course will discuss international winemaking, from time-honored European vineyards to sassy newcomers. Grapes, local laws, wine databases, prices, the backstories of the world’s important growing regions, global warming, and catastrophes all will be discussed. Weekly comparisons of two wines will be assigned and discussed in class (not necessary to drink, just to read about).
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to describe wine and pair it with food
- An understanding of different types of wine
- Knowledge about important winegrowing regions and winemakers
- The creative and the curious
- Wine appraisers and connoisseurs