Exploring Visual and Graphic Design
Do you experiment with design elements and see yourself working in design in the future? Are you interested in publishing and media and want to know more about creating book and magazine visuals? Perhaps you want to use design to improve school projects or create your own website. In this one-week course, you will gain a thorough understanding of graphic design, with a special emphasis on its use in media. You will learn by working through the design process on a series of brand, print, and digital design projects. Each hands-on, lab-based session will include an in-class project that is centered on one of the three Adobe Creative Suite programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Not only will you gain a strong knowledge of design principles, but you also will learn how to apply them to future careers in publishing, media, graphic design, and more.
You'll Walk Away with
- Fluency in the basics of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of brand, print, and digital design and an understanding of how design is used to enhance business goals
- A knowledge of the career possibilities in the world of graphic design
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students who are interested in exploring careers in design