Facilitating Intergroup Dialogue
Building the capacity of groups to dialogue, create, and collaborate is a skill that is needed across many spectrums and by many organizations, both nationally and globally. Through this course, gain a critical introduction to the role that facilitation can play in creating space for groups to build authentic relationships, learn, unlearn, be creative, and take action. After taking this course, which will feature group exercises, readings, guest speakers, and class discussions, you will walk away with facilitation skills and structures to start a reflective practice.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the role of a facilitator and the benefits of facilitation
- An overview of different approaches to facilitation and an awareness of how they can improve the overall effectiveness of the group
- An opportunity for hands-on practice and constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Students who wish to inspire collective action through collaborative leadership
- Practitioners and leaders looking for tools to engage, encourage team building, and increase understanding and productivity