Fundraising Concepts and Practices
Learn theories and concepts of fundraising, from the basics to new ideas, with applications to practical cases and situations. Profiles of donors and recipients, the psychology of giving, feasibility studies, and the roles of the executive director and the board in fundraising all are discussed. This course also covers skills in major donor solicitations, methods of ongoing fundraising, corporate and foundation fundraising, deferred giving, ethics, and special campaigns. In class, select a nonprofit to apply these topics to and ultimately compose a development plan for the organization.
- The role that fundraising plays in the efforts of non-profit organizations.
- The structure of nonprofits, the role of the board, CEO and Development Leadership.
- Best practices in all areas of fundraising, including Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Campaigns, Foundation and Corporate Giving, Events, Gift Planning and Donor Relations
- The Steps involved in Soliciting a Major Gift
- Fundraising trends and future directions
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Fundraising Concepts and Practices is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An overview of the principles of all aspects of fundraising
- An understanding of the important role of fundraisers in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of best practices in all of the areas of fundraising, including Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Campaigns, Foundation and Corporate Giving, Events, Gift Planning and Donor Relations
- An understanding of the structure of nonprofits, the role of the board, CEO and Development Leadership
- Annual giving directors
- Major gift officers
DateSep 20 - Nov 29