This course offers the hands-on opportunity to incorporate all you have learned in the TESOL certificate courses: you are in charge and teaching a group of English language learners. However, you will have support at every step. You will work closely with your peers and your instructor as you teach a group of students at least once a week for 60 minutes. Your instructor will review your lesson plans with you and provide feedback on recordings of your teaching. The debriefing sessions with your instructor will be done remotely via Zoom at a time that is convenient for both of you. In addition to the discussions you have with your instructor, you will work closely in small groups with your peers to develop, execute, and reflect on your lessons.
Note: The student-teaching aspect of the practicum may be done in-person or remotely.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills to analyze students’ needs
- The ability to plan and execute successful English language lessons to a group of English language learners
- Familiarity with instructional practices and the ability to teach using published textbooks
- The skills to teach listening, reading, speaking, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation lessons
- Anyone seeking to teach, or currently teaching, English to speakers of other languages
- Teachers who would like individualized feedback on their lessons plans and instruction from an experienced instructor
- Those completing the Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)