Debt and Equity Markets
This course is an introduction to the US financial markets, building the foundation needed for the study of finance. The course provides an overview of major US debt and equity markets and the differences in risks between various US bond markets as well as equities. Students learn about the risks in each financial asset, the relations among the markets, the role of the Federal Reserve, and fundamental versus technical analysis, all presented with the background of current market conditions.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the role of the Federal Reserve in financial markets
- An understanding of how various key US financial assets are created and traded
- Knowledge of the risks in each asset class that affect that asset’s traded price
- Familiarity with the role of money markets in financial asset financing
- Professionals interested in pursuing a career in investment management or global capital markets
- Those interested in the finance sector who are seeking a foundation in US market basics
NO open sections available for this course at the moment. Please check back next semester.