Developing High-Impact Websites for Nonprofits
As competition for attention increases and attention span decreases, nonprofits find themselves competing against large marketing machines and digital distractions for engagement and support. Websites that were adequate just a few years ago seem woefully outdated today. How do you develop a website that's part of your overarching strategic plan, engages your visitors, expands your mission, responds to new developments, and activates more heroes for your cause? And how can you do that all within the limits of a resource-constrained nonprofit? Explore research and concepts from Hollywood storytelling, behavioral science, marketing, Lean methodology, and web design. Learn how to leverage time-tested best practices using the latest tools, techniques, and technology to develop websites that catalyze change.
- Strategic Website Planning and Development
- Storytelling Strategies for Websites
- Innovative and Economical Platforms, Tools, and Trends
- Goal Setting and Measuring Success
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Digital Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in this course is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B–Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the website development process.
- Knowledge about how to use storytelling as strategy.
- The ability to choose the right platform and tools for the job (and budget).
- Knowledge about trends and best practices in website design.
- Experience creating a Website Development Plan for a nonprofit.
- Fundraising staff members
- Annual fund directors
- Database managers