The Future Cybersecurity: Are You Ready for What's Coming? Beyond Alexa and IBM Watson
Join us as we explore the brave new world of cybersecurity. Through lectures and activities, gain an understanding of different cybersecurity threats, risks, and models in a global context and engage in critical thinking to design policy solutions for decision-makers in the public and private sectors. Case studies will examine the implications of the widespread adoption of artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, the Internet of things, machine learning, and social media. As a student in this course, you will craft a cybersecurity roadmap and policy brief that will address industry trends, possible disruptions, and the drivers of cyberthreats. Additionally, you will build a practical prototype demonstration of a cyber-learning exercise. By the end of the course, you will have a greater understanding of the opportunities and threats at the intersection of security, technology, and society, as well as the ability to make informed decisions and communicate recommendations for the future.
You'll Walk Away with
- A basic understanding of cyberlaw and cybercrime investigation techniques
- Familiarity with issues related to cyberliberties and the relationship between these rights and cybersecurity
- Policy analysis skills required for more advanced study of cyberterrorism
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students who are interested in exploring a careers in cybersecurity