Global Affairs and Fundraising Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Management for the UN, Government, and NGOs
Monitoring and evaluation are used to measure, capture, and provide accurate information to make evidence-based, strategic decisions that can affect funding, resource allocation, program management, and/or policy formulation. This sought-after skill set can be applied to a broad range of businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
The Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation will provide a strong foundation in program design and implementation. As a student in this program, you will explore a variety of tools and techniques used to measure project progress and report outcomes to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders—including donors, funders, supervisors, or the population being served. You will design relevant and effective frameworks and learn the required methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting. Through lectures and exposure to case studies drawn from relevant organizations, you will gain the skills needed to be able to conduct a monitoring and evaluation program.
This program, with five required courses, is offered in sequence and designed to be taken over the course of two semesters. Courses include synchronous sessions scheduled for evenings and weekends Eastern Time. Students are required to attend at least 80% of these sessions per course.
Those beginning the program in Spring 2021 will be provided with options to complete the program virtually.
For more information about the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation, please contact Mayelly Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of the conceptual meanings of monitoring and evaluation
- The ability to design relevant and effective frameworks for monitoring and evaluation
- The skills to develop and select appropriate indicators for measuring program outputs, outcomes, and impact/effectiveness
- Knowledge of data collection methods, both qualitative and quantitative
- An understanding of how to collect data in the field
- The ability to utilize analytical techniques for monitoring and evaluation
- The skills to write relevant reports and recommendations