Critical Issues and Careers in Global Affairs
Thinking about grad school? Considering an impactful career in the global arena? Spend two weeks this summer in the heart of New York City studying with expert faculty from the NYU SPS Center for Global Affairs.
Today’s global issues––from terrorism and climate change to human rights, cyber security, and the global economy––have both subtle and significant impacts on our lives. Through sessions led by NYU faculty scholars and practitioners, participants will immerse themselves in examining and exploring today’s critical global issues.
In addition to deep dives on critical topics, the program features dynamic guest lectures and site visits to expose participants to the variety of career paths for an impactful global career, expand their professional network, and better understand the desired skill sets and content areas that organizations are seeking.
- International Relations: Theories and Geopolitics
- International Political Economy: The Building Blocks
- Geopolitics of Energy and Climate Change
- Transnational Security: Threats, Actors, and Practice
- International Development: Poverty, Inequity, and Economic Growth
- International Organizations: the UN, IMF, World Bank
- Cyberspace: Technical, Operational, and Strategic Perspectives
- Global Risk: Uncertainty and Operationalization
Site visits may include: The United Nations and its affiliated agencies, permanent missions to the UN, NGOs, and global private sector firms.
Summer Housing Option: There are a limited number of double-room occupancy dorm options available for this program. Check-in will be Sunday, July 10th and check-out Saturday, July 23rd. The rate is $77/person/night. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Registration and housing deadline: May 23rd
Note about COVID-related protocols : Students attending onsite courses will need to upload proof of vaccination and booster if eligible to the NYU portal and show a "Green" Daily Screener pass upon entry to the campus. Students will also be required to follow any mask requirements or COVID-related protocols in place. Registered students will receive more information via email about accessing the campus. A smartphone is required to use the Daily Screener app.
You'll Walk Away with
- Historical and geopolitical context for understanding critical global issues
- Theories and frameworks for analysis
- Exposure to and strategies for impactful career pathways
- Those considering graduate school in global affairs, international relations, journalism, and related fields
- Those seeking exposure to career paths within the global arena