The clean energy sector encompasses many different technologies and policies. The Certificate in Clean Energy provides a foundation in these topics and prepares students for jobs in this growing field. Students gain an understanding of clean energy solutions in a variety of areas, such as transportation, energy-efficient buildings, renewable residential and commercial installations, and smart grids. Startups serve a critical role for innovation in this sector. As such, students develop a comprehensive understanding of the strategies and related competencies for a successful career working in a clean tech startup—skills that can be leveraged in a wide variety of jobs. Students engage with clean energy data and hone the basic skills required to interpret and analyze this information for data-driven decision-making. The program curriculum combines a traditional academic approach with experiential learning to train professionals for a smooth transition into a clean energy career.
The Certificate is awarded to those who successfully complete the five required courses. Classes are offered on nights and weekends. The program for the incoming Fall 2021 cohort will be held virtually.
Courses are offered sequentially as follows:
- Foundations of Clean Technology (Fall)
- Energy Modeling Foundations (Fall)
- Clean Energy Entrepreneurship (January)
- Analytics for Energy Professionals (Spring)
- Clean Energy Capstone Project (Spring)
Program costs for the 2021-2022 Academic Year are as follows: $849 per course plus registration fees per semester. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
For more information about the Certificate in Clean Energy, please reach out to Michelle D’Amico at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of the barriers and obstacles to integrating clean energy solutions into urban and suburban environments, an awareness that will enable you to better identify solutions to these problems
- The ability to make effective presentations to stakeholders
- The skills to perform basic energy data analysis
- The knowledge to make recommendations for data-driven decisions