FP 5: Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
This course will provide an overview of personal and employee-sponsored retirement plans. Other topics covered in this course include Social Security and Medicare benefits, IRAs, tax-sheltered annuities, qualified retirement plans, distribution options, and taxation and income tax deduction/benefit limitations. You also will gain knowledge of the characteristics of qualified plans for employees, retirement needs analysis, and ways to determine suitable investments and other employee benefits. Fees for required study guides and the online final exam are not included in tuition. Required course booklets and online exams are available for purchase online at dalton-education.com/nyu-store .
You'll Walk Away with
- Familiarity with personal and employee-sponsored retirement plans
- The ability to determine the characteristics of qualified plans for employees, as well as suitable investments and other employee benefits
- The skills to recognize a client’s attitudes toward retirement and retirement objectives
- The ability to consider and develop retirement planning strategies
- The knowledge to evaluate each retirement planning strategy