NEW YORK, October 17, 2018—The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate will host the Second National Symposium of Women in Real Estate on Thursday, October 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Westin New York at Times Square. Building on last year's exceptional program, this year's Symposium will convene women serving in senior leadership roles at the industry’s most prominent firms for wide-ranging discussions on the real estate market outlook and the forces shaping property investment, financing, and development. This national event also serves as a critical mentorship platform for women executives and the next generation of real estate industry leaders.
Xin (Shynn) Zhang, who is the co-founder & chief executive officer of SOHO China, will be the recipient of the WiRE Leadership Award and will be interviewed during lunch by Darcy Stacom, chairman and head of NYC Capital Markets, CBRE. Zhang has led SOHO China to become one of the largest developers of prime office real estate in China. The company has developed over 5.5 million square meters (60 million square feet) in projects in Beijing and Shanghai. Her collaborations with world-renowned architects have resulted in iconic landmark buildings that have transformed Chinese skylines.
Debi Hemmeter, co-founder of Lean In, a global community that is dedicated to helping women to achieve their ambitions, will be the featured speaker during the afternoon session. She has more than 20 years of experience within the private sector with four Fortune 50 companies.
Two dozen of real estate’s most influential women from companies such as BlackRock, Brookfield Properties, Capri Investment Group, Goldman Sachs, and RXR Realty, among others will serve as panelists on topics ranging from fundraising to the outlook for debt and capital market, construction and architecture to next generation development.
The Symposium is chaired by Laurie Golub, chief operating officer & senior managing director, Square Mile Capital; Joanne Minieri, executive vice president & chief operating officer of construction & development, RXR Development Services; and Darcy Stacom, chairman and head of NYC Capital Markets, CBRE. Sam Chandan PhD, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair in Real Estate & associate dean of the NYUSPS Schack Institute of Real Estate, and Billie Gastic Rosado, PhD, associate dean for the NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies, serve as Symposium hosts.
For registration inquiries, please contact Katie Bennett at SchackConferences@nyu.edu or call 212-992-8347.
If you are a member of the press who wishes to cover the event, please contact Alka Gupta at email@example.com.
For more information about the Schack Institute’s Second National Symposium of Women in Real Estate, visit sps.nyu.edu/wire.
FULL PANEL LIST
Welcome and Introductions
- Sam Chandan, PhD FRICS, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair in Real Estate Development and Investment, and Associate Dean, NYUSPS Schack Institute of Real Estate
Fundraising: Where Will the Money Come From in 2019, and Where Will it Go?
- Gwendolyn Hatten Butler, Vice Chairwoman and Chief Marketing Officer, Capri Investment Group [Moderator]
- Jennifer Davis, Vice President, Northwood Investors
- Tracey Hanfling, Director, Real Estate Debt Product Strategist, BlackRock
- Robin Henderson, Senior Director, Private Capital Group, RXR Realty
- Marjorie Tsang, Board Member, USAA Real Estate Company
Construction & Architecture: Outlook for Construction
- Susan Hayes, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Susan Hayes Enterprises [Moderator]
- Linda Chiarelli, Vice President for Capital Projects & Facilities, New York University
- Mariana Circiumaru, Head of US Construction, GreenOak Real Estate
- Sabrina Kanner, Executive Vice President, Design & Construction, Brookfield Properties
- Catherine Moss, Project Executive, Hunter Roberts Construction Group
Debt Markets: Late in the Cycle, Where are Lenders Finding Value?
- Laurie Golub, Chief Operating Officer & Senior Managing Director, Square Mile Capital [Moderator]
- Catherine Chen, Principal, Commercial Real Estate Debt Group, Apollo Global Management
- Greta Guggenheim, Chief Executive Officer & President, TPG Real Estate Finance Trust
- Onay Payne, Managing Director, Clarion Partners
- Neha Santiago, Vice President, Goldman Sachs
Luncheon and Fireside Chat
- Darcy Stacom, Chairman and Head of NYC Capital Markets, CBRE [Moderator]
- Xin (Shynn) Zhang, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, SOHO China [Keynote Speaker]
Presentation of Second Annual WIRE Leadership Award
Capital Markets: Outlook for Real Estate Capital Markets
- Darcy Stacom, Chairman and Head of NYC Capital Markets, CBRE [Moderator]
- Lauren Hochfelder Silverman, Managing Director, Head of MSREI Americas, Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing
- Catherine Marcus, Global Chief Operating Officer & Head of the US, PGIM Real Estate
- Hilary Spann, Managing Director, Head of Americas, Real Estate Investments, CPP Investment Board
Next Generation Development: What a New Generation of Institutional Developers Means for Real Estate
- Joanne Minieri, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer of Construction & Development, RXR Development Services [Moderator]
- Kate Bicknell, Vice President & Head of NY Development, Oxford Properties Group
- Meg Brod, Senior Vice President & Regional Development Officer, Rockefeller Group
- Melissa Burch, Executive General Manager, Lendlease Americas
- Rebecca D’Eloia, Senior Vice President, Project Executive Development, RXR Realty
Lean in with Demi Hemmeter
- Debi Hemmeter, Co-Founder, Lean In [Featured Speaker]
Presentation of WIRE Student Scholarship
- Billie Gastic Rosado, PhD, Associate Dean, NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies & Center for Applied Liberal Arts
About the NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate
The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate was founded in 1967 at the initiative of prominent members of the New York City real estate community, who encouraged NYU to establish an academic center that would provide a world-class education for industry professionals. More than 50 years later, the Schack Institute is at the forefront of real estate education and is recognized globally as one of the world’s leading centers of real estate research and pedagogy. Across the Institute’s graduate degree programs—notably the MS in Real Estate, the MS in Construction Management, and the MS in Real Estate Development—as well as a rapidly expanding undergraduate degree program, enrollment has grown to nearly 1,000 full- and part-time students from across the United States and nearly 50 other countries. In addition to its flagship degree programs, thousands of working professionals enroll in the Schack Institute’s executive education, Diploma, and Career Advancement courses each year.
An anchor of real estate academia’s engagement with industry, the Institute is home to the REIT Center, the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment (SBE), and the newly established Urban Lab. In addition, the Institute hosts national industry events, including annual conferences on real estate capital markets and the REIT sector. Under the direction of the Schack Institute’s faculty members, ongoing applied research at the Institute spans an exceptional range of issues in real estate development and investment, urban economics, and market structure and regulation. For more information about the NYUSPS Schack Institute of Real Estate, visit sps.nyu.edu/schack.
About the NYU School of Professional Studies
Established in 1934, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) is one of NYU’s several degree-granting schools and colleges—each with a unique academic profile. The reputation of NYUSPS arises from its place as the NYU home for industry-focused education and applied research that is related to key knowledge-based fields, in which the New York region leads globally. This is manifest in the School’s diverse graduate, undergraduate, and Professional Pathways programs that span a broad range of disciplines including: Accounting, Finance, and Law; Applied Health; Arts, Design, and Film, and TV; Economic and Urban Development; English Language Learning; Entrepreneurship; Fundraising and Grantmaking; Global Affairs; Global Security, Conflict, and Cybercrime; Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism Management; Humanities; Human Resource Management and Development; Languages; Management and Systems; Marketing; Professional Writing; Project Management; Public Relations and Corporate Communication; Publishing; Real Estate, Real Estate Development, and Construction Management; Sports Business; and Translation.
More than 80 distinguished full-time faculty members collaborate with an exceptional cadre of practitioner/adjunct faculty members and lecturers to create a vibrant professional and academic environment that educates nearly 5,400 degree-seeking students from around the globe each year. In addition, the School fulfills the recurrent professional education needs of local, national, and international economies, as evidenced by over 18,000 Professional Pathways enrollments in Career Advancement Courses, Certificates, and Diploma Programs. The School’s community is enriched by nearly 25,000 degree-holding alumni worldwide, many of whom serve as mentors, guest speakers, and advisory board members. For more information about the NYU School of Professional Studies, visit sps.nyu.edu.