Artificial intelligence, digital marketing, virtual reality, sustainability, and globalization are all factors that leaders of the hospitality industry will need to consider as they plan their strategy for the future. The Tisch Center's Innovation Hub provides a place for them to congregate, debate, and create. It illustrates our deep commitment to encouraging the innovation that will drive the change to come.
Hospitality Innovation Hub
The Tisch Center of Hospitality Innovation Hub (HI Hub) fosters entrepreneurship and creative solutions for the hospitality industry. State-of-the-art facilities offer students, start-ups, and industry partners a place to learn and grow.
A Facility That Reflects The Future of the Hospitality Industry
On the cutting edge of hotel, travel, and tourism management
The Experiential Learning Lab:
A flexible classroom and event space, equipped with the latest instructional and video conferencing technologies.
A Prototyping Space:
This space is fully equipped with coding and virtual reality equipment, allowing budding entrepreneurs to rapid-test their ideas and bring their creative concepts to life.
A Co-working Lounge:
A place for students, faculty members, industry guests, and investors to gather and brainstorm.
Hospitality Innovation Hub Incubator Program:
- An Incubator Program: a three-month mentoring program designed for early-stage start-ups in the hospitality, travel or event space, with cash prizes ranging from $2,500 to $5,000.
- A Venture Capitalist and Early-Stage Investor Club: club members will use the co-working space and attend start-up events.
- An Accelerator Program: an initiative for late-stage start-ups in collaboration with industry partners and investors (will launch in year three of operation).
Hospitality Innovation Hub Experiential Learning Lab:
- Technology-Enabled Learning: A flexible space for students, faculty, and industry professionals to experiment with technology innovations in classroom and virtual spaces.
- Digital Tech Stack: An initiative to build an integrated ecosystem of digital solutions to simulate travel and hospitality business environments.
- Applied Research Program: Collaboration among student, faculty researchers and industry on projects that tackle ongoing industry challenges.