Writing for Fundraising: Grantwriting and Case Statements
Successful nonprofit leaders must understand how to write compelling grant proposals and case statements. This course focuses on writing for nonprofits, with a special focus on grant proposal writing. Students will learn to research foundation prospects and write a grant proposal for a nonprofit organization. Applying for emergency grants will also be covered. In addition, students will learn how to write a visionary case for support.
- Nonprofit writing and storytelling
- Identifying grants and proposals for private and corporate foundations
- Content and structure of grant proposals
- Introduction to campaigns
- Writing case statements: content and structure
- Understanding communication cultures and careers
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising. Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Writing for Fundraising: Grantwriting and Case Statements is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of a variety of development communication tools for nonprofits
- The skills to create a viable communication strategy for a nonprofit organization
- The ability to identify grant opportunities and write professional fundraising pieces including Case Statements and Grant Proposals
- Marketers at nonprofits
- Nonprofit staff members
- Annual and major gift officers
DateSep 7 - Nov 30