Global Affairs and Fundraising Certificate in Fundraising
To earn a certificate, students must declare their candidacy at the start of their program of study. To do so, please use the button above.
This Professional Certificate is designed for those working in fundraising, marketing, finance, nonprofit management, and related fields who are interested in gaining a greater understanding of the various frameworks, tools, and strategies of the field. This certificate consists of three required courses and three electives. Students must receive a grade for a course to be used toward the credential. Virtual program completion will be available even after onsite activities resume.
Full participation in courses in this program is applicable for points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
For more information about the Certificate in Fundraising, please contact Robert Lesko at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- An overview of the principles of all aspects of fundraising
- An understanding of the important role of fundraisers in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of best practices in all of the areas of fundraising including Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Campaigns, Foundation and Corporate Giving, Events, Gift Planning and Donor Relations
- An understanding of the structure of nonprofits, the role of the board, CEO and Development Leadership
- The ability to protect donor interests
- Knowledge of how to be accountable to donors and the public
- An understanding of federal laws affecting the nonprofit sector and the responsible agencies
- Applied knowledge of ethical decision making
- Knowledge of a variety of development communication tools for nonprofits
- The skills to create a viable communication strategy for a nonprofit organization
- The ability to identify grant opportunities and write professional fundraising pieces including Case Statements and Grant Proposals