Forces Shaping CRE: The Urban Built Environment After COVID-19
This course examines why humans are densely clustered in places that we call “cities,” a fact that has been true throughout much of recorded history. Cities are now faced with potentially profound changes as a result of one of the largest economic downturns in recorded history, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The course will address whether long-term economic forces that lead to density and urbanization will prevail over short-term economic fluctuations.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the economics of agglomeration
- The ability to conceptualize the economic benefits of population density
- Knowledge of short-run economic fluctuations vs. long-run economic development
- Working professionals with an interest in urban economic development
- Those who work in commercial real estate