Commercial Building Systems, Operations, and Maintenance
Managing commercial properties and facilities requires a working knowledge of all aspects of building systems, maintenance, and repair. In this course, explore building infrastructure and staffing, budgets, contract services, electrical distribution, lighting, fire protection, energy management/sustainability, and emergency management. Additional topics include vertical transportation; heating, ventilation and air-conditioning; boilers; plumbing; security; computerized maintenance management systems; and environmental health and safety.
Note: Registering at least two weeks prior to the start of the course date is highly recommended. Popular classes fill up quickly and more specialized classes need sufficient enrollment.
For general information about this course, please call 212-992-3336 or email email@example.com.
If you are registered for an online course and are not able to access/view your course in Brightspace, please note the following:
- It may take at least 24 hours from the time you registered for your information to be transferred into Brightspace.
- New students registering two days or LESS before the start date of the course may experience delayed access.
For additional technical support, contact the IT Service Desk (available 24/7/365) at 212-998-3333 or AskITS@nyu.edu.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to create an operations audit that demonstrates routine, compliance, and an understanding of preventive maintenance and best practice schedules
- Knowledge of the request for proposal (RFP) process and the proper way to bid and negotiate vendor contracts
- Familiarity with the basic principles of the refrigeration cycle and aspects of HVAC systems
- An understanding of third-party versus in-house maintenance projects
- Commercial property managers
- Real estate owners
- Asset managers
- Building managers
DateNov 1 - Dec 13