Fundraising Concepts and Practices
Learn theories and concepts of fundraising, from the basics to new ideas, with applications to practical cases and situations. Explore Current issues in fundraising, including the impact of COVID-19 and social justice movements on the nonprofit sector. The importance of relationship building to fundraising is a central theme. Examine campaign types, feasibility studies, and the roles of the executive director and the board in fundraising. Discuss approaches to major donor solicitations, corporate and foundation fundraising, planned giving, ethics, and special campaigns.
- Creating an environment for fundraising
- The role of the board; cultivation and recruitment of a Leadership Board
- Annual Campaigns; Direct Mail; Online Fundraising
- The impact of COVID-19 and the Black Live Matter movement
- Introduction to Major Gifts and Major Gift solicitations
- Capital Campaigns; feasibility studies; the case for support; and Endowments
- Best practices in Foundation and Corporate Fundraising; and Special Events
- Planned Giving/Gift Planning; and Donor Relations
- Trends in philanthropy and ethics
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Fundraising Concepts and Practices is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An overview of the principles of all aspects of fundraising
- An understanding of the important role of fundraisers in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of best practices in all of the areas of fundraising, including Annual
- Fund, Major Gifts, Campaigns, Foundation and Corporate Giving, Events, Gift Planning and Donor Relations
- An understanding of the structure of nonprofits, the role of the board, CEO and Development Leadership
- Annual giving directors
- Major gift officers
DateMar 30 - May 4