Google IT Support Professional - 5 Course Series
This NYU instructor-led, Google-proven professional certificate program, delivered in five course modules, prepares you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. You’ll learn the different facets of Information Technology like computer hardware, the Internet, software, troubleshooting, and customer service. You'll gain a comprehensive understanding of computer networking, operating systems, software- and user-management, systems administration, and core IT security concepts and best practices. The five course modules that comprise the certificate are:
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Security: Defense Against the Dark Digital Arts
Students will have the opportunity to participate in live, online NYU instrutor-led networking opportunities with working tech support professionals and fellow students, as well as optional live review sessions and other support. In the US alone, there are 400,000 job openings in IT. Upon completion, you'll be prepared to sit for the CompTIA A+ exams (the industry standard certification for IT) and directly apply for jobs with Google and over 150 employers.
You'll Walk Away with
- Powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques
- The ability to perform critical tasks like managing software and users, and configuring hardware
- A comprehensive understanding of the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up-and-running
- The knowledge to integrate a culture of security into your organization
- The skills needed for entry-level IT support jobs, no prior experience necessary
NO open sections available for this course at the moment. Please check back next semester.