Advanced Podcast Workshop
Professional podcasters at radio stations or media companies have a brain trust of editors to help them shape their stories, but independent podcasters need to rely on each other for guidance and inspiration. This workshop is ideal for self-motivated emerging podcasters who have experience with editing software and a background in audio storytelling and would like feedback on their works-in-progress. Over seven weeks, you will have two opportunities to play and discuss your episodes or episode segments with the class. When not presenting your work, you will play a valuable role in providing feedback to fellow podcasters. The focus will be on a narrative style of storytelling, similar to 99% Invisible, Invisibilia, Revisionist History,
and Reply All,
but other formats are welcome.
Please note: Students are expected to already have a work-in-progress to share prior to the start of the course.
You'll Walk Away with
- A renewed sense of perspective and confidence to turn your podcast pilot into an ongoing or limited series
- Additional finished episodes of your show, and a clearer direction on how to move forward
- Aspiring professional podcasters who want extra guidance and a sense of community
- Professionals across all industries interested in storytelling and podcasting
- Students who have previously taken this course and have new material they want to develop in a workshop setting