Managing Risk and Uncertainty: Assessment, Frameworks, and Strategies
Operating in conditions of uncertainty can be disorienting and bewildering. A risk-informed approach can allow global leaders to make informed decisions, assign priorities and develop comprehensive treatment strategies, as they appreciate and anticipate threats and vulnerabilities, as well as their concomitant probabilities and consequences. Regardless of the particular field (from international security, to world politics, to the global economy, to the planet’s changing climate) understanding the fundamentals—both pro and con—of risk, its assessment, and treatments is vital to producing robust and resilient strategies.
This one-day intensive course prepares global leaders and professionals to better understand, evaluate, and manage risk no matter what their goals. Explore a number of key risk concepts and frameworks, examine illustrative cases, and develop components of a risk assessment and treatment plan.
- Understanding Risk and Uncertainty
- Assessing and Evaluating Risk
- Conducting a Risk Treatment/Management Plan
- Best Practices and Strategies Through Case Studies
You'll Walk Away with
- A fundamental knowledge of what risk actually means and what its elements are
- The skills to understand the strengths and weaknesses of a risk-based approach to uncertainty
- An understanding of standard risk treatment options
- A framework for appreciating the ethics of risk and how to develop sound, accountable risk governance
- Students interested in a risk-informed approach to managing uncertainty
- Professionals seeking to understand the fundamentals of risk, its assessment, and treatments to produce resilient strategies