Fashion Accessory Design: From Head to Toe and Hats to Shoes
Through this comprehensive workshop, explore the world of fashion accessories—from shoes and bags to jewelry and hats. Learn about fashion trailblazers such as Louis Comfort Tiffany and Coco Chanel, as well as contemporary designers, including Alexis Bittar and Christian Louboutin. Get to know the legends who have left their mark on the fashion industry through their innovative designs. Examine the latest trends in accessories, and learn to build a visual language, expressing your ideas through sketching and ultimately creating the visuals for an original line of head-to-toe accessories. You also will explore the field of fashion merchandising to better understand how accessory collections come into being—from conception and manufacturing to promotion and merchandise sales. This intensive course of study will provide you with a feel for what it’s like to be a fashion accessory designer and will familiarize you with career paths in a growing industry.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the life cycle of fashion products, from conception to promotion and sales
- Familiarity with the fashion industry and related career paths
- Knowledge of the people who defined and continue to define the fashion world
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students with an interest in fashion design