Applied Project in Fundraising: Putting Knowledge to Practice
In this applied project course, students will have the opportunity to work on a real-world fundraising consultancy project in collaboration with a nonprofit organization. Working in small groups, students will apply previously developed skills as well as knowledge that has been acquired through Certificate in Fundraising
, and other courses, to real financial resource development challenges. This course is open to declared Certificate in Fundraising
students who have completed at least 4 courses.
The course combines a mix of synchronous and asynchronous modules and will include practical skills-based sessions geared towards professional development. This is an instructor-led experience and teams will discuss their work and receive feedback from the Capstone Coordinator in real time. Team members can also access additional resources that build skills and reinforce learning outcomes on their own schedules.
Benefits to Student Participant
- Understand what is involved in securing funds from individuals, institutional donors, and the public sector, to support a nonprofit organization.
- Appreciate the role that fundraising plays in an organization’s comprehensive revenue strategy.
- Acquire knowledge of your host organization and its sector as well as recognize the importance that the Capstone Project will have on the host’s mission and sustainability.
- Demonstrate skills to execute a project with a remote team, Capstone Coordinator, and participating client, including the ability to manage decision-making and achieve consensus.
- Serve as a confident and effective fundraising consultant, including creating a project work scope, communicating effectively with staff and volunteer leadership, reporting on project progress, and providing agreed upon project deliverables.
- Bring greater experience in team-building, communication, project implementation, and assessment to your organization.
Please email Robert Lesko at email@example.com with any questions
You'll Walk Away with
- An applied project portfolio piece that can be used to demonstrate your knowledge of fundraising strategies
- Experience managing a mini consulting project
- This course is open to declared Certificate in Fundraising students who have completed at least four courses.
DateFeb 10 - May 5