Planning and Executing Virtual Events and Fundraisers that Inspire and Activate Support
The global pandemic has disrupted the way organizations think about events and virtual events seem here to stay. As with onsite events, strategic and thoughtful planning is required to make virtual events effective cultivation and fundraising tools. Explore strategies to envision and produce events that attract, engage, and activate supporters. Examine best practices, pitfalls to avoid, tools, and platforms to enable a virtual event experience to connect to donors, build brand and reach, and help generate essential revenue. Analyze virtual event case studies and develop a virtual event fundraising and marketing strategy for a nonprofit organization.
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Digital Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Planning and Executing Virtual Events and Fundraisers that Inspire and Activate Support is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B–Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- Case studies from nonprofits that have successfully moved their virtual events online.
- Knowledge about tools such as online auctions, peer-to-peer, and text-to-give fundraising to expand virtual event revenue generation.
- An understanding of how to create virtual event experiences that rival in-person events.
- An opportunity to develop a virtual fundraising and marketing strategy for a nonprofit organization.
- Fundraising staff members
- Annual fund directors
- Database managers