Annual Appeal Campaigns
This course will focus on what motivates giving and how nonprofit organizations secure, retain, and increase annual gifts from individuals. Sessions will look at prospect identification, solicitation methods, donor analytics and technology, as well as donor engagement, communications, and stewardship. Volunteer leadership and Board involvement will be explored. The connection between annual appeal campaigns and capital campaigns will also be discussed.
- An understanding of the philanthropic sector
Organization elevator pitch
Constituencies, donor demographics, and the donor lifecycle
Data mining and fundraising software
Donor communications plan and recognition strategies
Corporate and foundation appeals
Careers in fundraising
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Annual Appeal Campaigns is applicable for 15 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- The knowledge to secure funding for general operations
- The ability to cultivate new donors
- Techniques to increase individual donors’ support
- Effective stewardship skills
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the annual appeal process
- Annual fund officers
- Volunteer board members
- Development committee members
- Communications officers
- Career changers with interest in the nonprofit sector