Annual Appeal Campaigns
The annual fund is the cornerstone of a strong fundraising program for nonprofit organizations of all sizes. Individuals provide 75 percent of the charitable funds given each year. This course will focus on the motivation of individual donors and the organization’s ability to secure a new gift, repeat the gift, and upgrade the gift. In most cases, annual appeal donors are loyal and devoted followers of the organization who are committed to its mission and delivery of services. An effective annual fund plan includes cultivating and involving these donors, as well as using effective stewardship methods to continue this important source of private support. This course will cover the distinction between unrestricted and restricted funds and the connection to major gift efforts.
Note: Full participation in Annual Appeal Campaigns is applicable for 20 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- The knowledge to secure funding for general operations
- The ability to cultivate new donors
- Techniques to increase individual donors’ support
- Effective stewardship skills
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the annual appeal process
- Annual fund officers
- Volunteer board members
- Development committee members
- Communications officers
- Career changers with interest in the nonprofit sector