Inspired by Real Life: Reading and Writing Exofiction in French
Register for this Fall 2022 course on the new NYU SPS Academy of Lifelong Learning website.
Explore French exofiction—a new literary phenomenon similar to biopics that takes inspiration from real-life events—and other 21st-century French novels. This online course is designed for individuals who possess high-intermediate or advanced French language ability. Examine French fiction by award-winning writers including Éric Vuillard, Leïla Slimani, Estelle-Sarah Bulle, Mohamed Mbougar Sarr, Yann Moix, Guillaume Le Touze, Rémi David. Every week, you will be provided with very short excerpts from these novels and you will submit your own short piece of fiction in French. Fall 2022 tuition is $699.
Note: Course content changes every semester, so this course may be taken more than once. Registering at least two weeks prior to the course start date is highly recommended.
You'll Walk Away with
- Improved writing skills in French
- Greater knowledge of French prose style from reading excerpts of works by 21st-century writers
- A wider vocabulary and a playful grasp of French grammar and faux amis
- Individuals who already possess high-intermediate or advanced French language ability and are interested in enhancing their French writing skills
- Students, professionals, and writers