Developing a Sustainable Fundraising Program
In the past 20 years, fundraising has become a key department in most nonprofit organizations with professional staffing. To increase private support and expand the organization’s vital mission, it is important to move beyond simply special events and annual appeals. Both functions are critical components of fundraising efforts but must be complemented with major gifts and planned gifts. This course will clarify how to introduce and expand a major gift program and will provide a model integrated plan for maximizing private support. The practices of “moves management” and prospect management will be outlined in the course to demonstrate efficient management tools for increasing private support and improving stewardship.
Note: Effective spring 2021, full participation in Developing a Sustainable Fundraising Program is applicable for 8 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the elements of a comprehensive fundraising program
- Knowledge of ways to encourage donors to increase their charitable support
- Management skills to better administer a fundraising operation
- The ability to direct a multifunctional development office
- Knowledge to coordinate annual giving and major gift outreach
- Annual giving officers
- Communication specialists
- Major gift officers
- Planned giving specialists
- Development committee volunteers