This diploma program is no longer accepting new applications.
The growth in the number of visual and performing arts organizations and the influences of a constantly changing economic, cultural, and technological landscape offer rich opportunities for skilled arts professionals. Whether you are currently working as an arts administrator and seek to improve your skills or attain a new position, or you are considering a career change, the Diploma in Visual and Performing Arts Administration will provide you with some of the managerial, fundraising, marketing, and financial skills necessary to succeed in the competitive world of nonprofit arts organizations. This diploma is ideal for practicing and aspiring arts professionals, artists, and performers looking to enhance their art-making careers with positions in arts management, as well as for those who do not have the time or resources to commit to a full-time program of study. Develop important critical thinking, leadership, and communication skills while expanding your professional networks and learning from experts in the field.
The Diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses and one elective course within two years.
For further advisement, please contact the Center for Applied Liberal Arts at email@example.com.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the history and structure of arts organizations in the United States
- An understanding of the interrelationship between arts organizations and the communities they serve
- Proficiency in financial management and fundraising techniques
- Familiarity with 21st-century trends and challenges for arts organizations
- Knowledge of governance, leadership, and the process of strategic planning
- The ability to market an organization and its programs to a variety of audiences