Foundations of Restaurant Management
This course is designed to create awareness of the many facets of restaurant management, while the elective courses go further in specific areas such as restaurant operations, jobs, training, etc. Topics covered provide insight into the most critical elements of restaurant management. Learn about the life expectancy of a restaurant and elements of restaurant types. Whether you are thinking of opening a restaurant or looking to move into management this is a great course to begin with. Qualities of good leadership, staff productivity, and motivation are some topics to be covered.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of the many facets of restaurant management, to help you in deciding on a career direction
- An understanding of the restaurant life cycle, and the ability to determine where a restaurant you work in is likely to be in that cycle
- Knowledge of how restaurant types drive marketing to the right customer demographic
- Contribution, along with fellow students, to the Discussion Forum helps create a network with others in the industry.
- Anyone interested in entering the restaurant industry
- Those working in restaurant management who want to move to the next level in their career