Marketing and Strategic Communications Writing
Persuasive writing demands more than a working knowledge of language, grammar, and paragraph construction. It requires an understanding of how individuals, businesses, and government institutions communicate to influence decision-making, including the use of three essential framework tools: clear objectives, knowledge of the target audience, and key messages. In this course, learn how to apply these tools to formats commonly used by marketing and public relations professionals, like press releases, backgrounders, biographies, position statements, ads, email newsletters, web content, blogs, and presentations. Also, analyze strategies and techniques for mastering the art of persuasion, participate in stimulating class exercises, review real-world examples, and discuss weekly writing assignments.
You'll Walk Away with
- Strengthened practical PR and marketing communications writing skills
- A deepened knowledge of communication strategies, concepts, and genres with which every PR/marketing professional should be familiar
- Applicable skills and knowledge to increase opportunities for professional advancement in marketing and marketing communications
- Marketing professionals and managers who want or need to develop their writing skills
- Technical, proposal, or grant writers who are interested in moving into marketing communications positions