This course will take an in-depth look at the global economy and globalization and examine how it relates to international and domestic politics. We will analyze the economic/financial, political, historical, and cultural forces shaping today’s world. We will tackle these issues by region/country, studying the EU with a focus on the background of the euro crisis, China and Asia, India, Russia, and NAFTA. We also will look at forces behind the scenes and their impact, such as currencies, central banks, monetary and fiscal policies, and the power of sovereignty. Please note: Due to the advanced material covered in this course, only 11th and 12th grade students are eligible to enroll.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the importance of economics in global affairs
- An appreciation of why some people and countries see globalization as a positive while others see it as a threat
- Knowledge of the role of currency, interest rates, and trade in foreign affairs
- High school students in grades 11 and 12
- Students interested in business, economics, and global politics