Qualitative Methods in Evaluation
In this course, you will continue to explore approaches to data collection and analysis. The qualitative methods sessions cover qualitative research methods; mining others’ research to prepare literature reviews; and developing data gathering tools such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, and observations. You will use case studies and other qualitative result reports to develop your critical analysis of the validity and reliability of evidence and findings.
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Research questions and components of a research proposal
- Introduction to main QR methods and discussion of interviewing, focus groups, and participant observation.
- Biographical Sketch discussions
- Participant observation: concepts, sample, develop PO protocol.
- Case study observation
- Data analysis
This is an instructor-led virtual course comprised of asynchronous weekly modules and synchronous weekly sessions. Students are required to attend at least 80% of the synchronous sessions in order to successfully complete it.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge of quantitative methods for use in program evaluation
- Familiarity with the basics of measurement
- An understanding of measurement tools
- Professionals interested in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Students pursuing the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
DateJan 31 - Mar 14