Applied Project - Managing Risk and Scenarios Planning
Working with a dedicated faculty advisor, students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired in the previous courses to conduct a ‘real world’ uncertainty project, using either a risk or a scenarios planning approach. This course consists of an asynchronous element that introduces students to the fundamentals of effective communications in uncertain situations. Following that, students will design their project, gather data, and produce a detailed report as a professional portfolio piece.
This course is only available to those students pursuing the Certificate in Risk Management and Scenarios Planning. Students are required to take the Managing Risk and Uncertainty and Scenarios Planning courses prior to the Applied Project course.
You'll Walk Away with
- A fundamental understanding of the elements of communicating in uncertainty
- The opportunity to apply that understanding in the development of a industry-relevant report
- Experience in the conduct of a risk assessment or a scenarios planning process
- An appreciation of research design and data collection and analysis
- Students looking to understand the fundamental elements of communicating in uncertainty
- Professionals seeking experience in the conduct of risk assessment or a scenario planning process