Global Affairs Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Management for the UN, Government, and NGOs
Monitoring and evaluation methods are used to measure, capture, and provide accurate information to make evidence-based, strategic decisions that can affect funding, resource allocation, program management, and/or policy formulation. This sought-after skill set can be applied to a broad range of businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
The Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation will provide a strong foundation in program design and implementation. As a student in this program, you will explore a variety of tools and techniques used to measure project progress and report outcomes to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders—including donors, funders, supervisors, or the population being served. You will design relevant and effective frameworks and learn the required methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting. Through lectures and exposure to case studies drawn from relevant organizations, you will gain the skills needed to be able to conduct a monitoring and evaluation program.
This program, with five required courses, is offered in sequence and designed to be taken over the course of two semesters. Courses are offered virtually and include synchronous instructor-led sessions and asynchronous modules. Students are required to attend at least 80% of the synchronous sessions per course.
Courses should be taken in the following order:
- Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation (Semester One)
- Program Design (Semester One)
- Quantitative/Qualitative Methods (Semester Two - both must be taken but can be completed in either order)
- Reporting and Presenting Results (Semester Two)
Those beginning the program this year will be provided with options to complete the program virtually.
Program costs for the 2022-2023 Academic Year are as follows: $849 per course plus registration fees per semester. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
For more information about the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation, please contact Robert Lesko at email@example.com.
You'll Walk Away With
- An understanding of the conceptual meanings of monitoring and evaluation
- The ability to design relevant and effective frameworks for monitoring and evaluation
- The skills to develop and select appropriate indicators for measuring program outputs, outcomes, and impact/effectiveness
- Knowledge of data collection methods, both qualitative and quantitative
- An understanding of how to collect data in the field
- The ability to utilize analytical techniques for monitoring and evaluation
- The skills to write relevant reports and recommendations
Earn a 10% DISCOUNT* on courses by declaring your candidacy for the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation: Project Management for the UN, Government, and NGOs.