David Hirsh is a sophisticated real estate investor with more than 30 years of experience across all major real estate product types in most major US markets. Over the course of his career, David has completed in excess of $30 billion in transactions and has developed a broad set of skills the including: portfolio management, leasing, asset sales/dispositions, lending and workouts/restructuring. In addition, David has a proven track record creating value rebranding hotels and strategically repositioning office buildings.
David spent the last sixteen years (2002-2018) in Blackstone’s Real Estate Asset Management Group, retiring in January 2018.
During his tenure at Blackstone, his most significant responsibilities included day to day oversite and strategic management of Equity Office Properties (2009-2018), IndCor Industrial Properties (2013-2015), LXR Hotels and Resorts portfolio (2004-2010) and several investments in the retail and senior housing sectors. Prior to joining Blackstone, David worked at Citigroup for 15 years including six years in real estate asset management, where he led the hotel group, and five years in corporate finance specializing in corporate real estate and project lending. In 2018 David, along with two partners founded, BLDGTech Ventures, a platform for investing in prop tech startups.
David received a BBA in Accounting from Pace University and an MS in Real Estate Development and Investment from New York University. David is a Certified Public Accountant.
David’s philanthropic activities include:
• New York University –
• Vice Chair of the New York University/Schack Institute of Real Estate’s Advisory Board
• Chair of the NYU School of Professional Studies Alumni Board
• Adjunct Professor
• Member of Real Estate Subcommittee of NYU Board of Trustees
• Member of Executive Advisory Board of the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute
• Board Chair of the Thyroid Head and Neck Cancer (THANC) Foundation and the Thyroid Care Collaborative (TCC).
• Board Chair of Caring Kind, formally the New York Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association of America
• Pace University
• Member of the Lubin School of Business Advisory Board
• Member of the President’s Council