Eric L. Adams, Mayor of New York City, Will Be the Featured Guest Speaker, Along with Industry Leaders and Speakers Larry Silverstein of Silverstein Properties, Maryanne Gilmartin of MAG Partners, Tammy Jones of BASIS Investment Group, Scott Rechler of RXR, William Rudin of Rudin Management Company, Marty Burger of Silverstein Properties, Paula Campbell Roberts of KKR, Stephen M. Ross of Related Companies, Barry Sternlicht of Starwood Capital Group, & Lisa Pendergast of CREFC
November 21, 2022
NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate’s 55th Annual Conference on Capital Markets in Real Estate Focuses on The Opportunities & Challenges in a Post-Pandemic Inflationary Environment on December 6 at the Pierre Hotel in NYC
NEW YORK, November 21, 2022—The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate will host the 55th Annual Conference on Capital Markets in Real Estate at the Pierre Hotel in New York City on Tuesday, December 6, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. New York City Mayor Eric Adams is the featured guest speaker.
One of the foremost forums on the state of the commercial real estate capital markets and investment activity for more than half a century, the Conference will once again convene industry leaders for a vigorous debate on global equity and debt capital flows, institutional and private equity investment activity, and emerging sources of market disruption.
“The timing of this year’s event and its theme addressing the challenges we face in this post-pandemic, inflationary environment could not be more fitting. To have so many industry luminaries represented on this stage is a testament to New York City’s place at the heart of the real estate industry. From the state of investment markets to affordability and sustainability, we have people and companies on the frontlines and at the forefront of these issues,” said Conference Host Marc Norman, associate dean at the NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate. “We are delighted that Mayor Eric Adams will share his insights on the post-pandemic outlook for New York City, along with more than 50 top industry executives discussing timely and essential topics in real estate.”
This year, Conference Chair Robert S. Blumenthal, vice chairman and managing director, real estate, gaming, lodging, and leisure group, Americas, Deutsche Bank Securities, will be joined by co-chairs Marty Burger, chief executive officer, Silverstein Properties; Lisa Pendergast, executive director, CRE Finance Council (CREFC); Scott Rechler, chairman & chief executive officer, RXR; and James D. Kuhn, president and head of investor services, Newmark and NYU Schack Advisory Board Chair.
See the full conference agenda below. To register and for the most current agenda details, please visit the Capital Markets registration page. For information regarding affiliation discounts and general conference questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of the press who wishes to cover the event, please email Alka Gupta at email@example.com or Michael DeMeo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marc Norman, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair and Associate Dean, NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate
GLOBAL CAPITAL MARKETS
- Dino Paparelli, Global Head of DB CRE, Deutsche Bank Securities [Moderator]
- Jeffrey F. DiModica, CFA, President, Starwood Property Trust
- Jesse Hom, Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Capital Markets and Credit Investments, GIC
- Tim Johnson, Global Head, Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies
- Richard Mack, CEO and Co-Founder, Mack Real Estate Group
- Miriam Wheeler, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
Interest Rates, Inflation, and Prospects for the US Economy
- Marc Norman, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair and Associate Dean, NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate [Moderator]
- Paula Campbell Roberts, Managing Director – Head of Global Consumer & Real Estate Macro & Thematic Investing (CREM), KKR
ALTERNATIVE DEBT FINANCE
- Marty Burger, CEO, Silverstein Properties [Moderator]
- Andrea Balkan, Managing Partner Investments, Brookfield Asset Management
- Tammy K. Jones, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Basis Investment Group
- Katie Keenan, Chief Executive Officer, Blackstone Mortgage Trust
- Michael May, Founder and President, Silverstein Capital Partners
- Thomas Rugg, Managing Director, Commercial Real Estate Group, Deutsche Bank Securities
- Chris Tokarski, Co-CEO and Managing Partner, ACORE Capital
- Scott Weiner, Partner, Apollo Global Management
AFFORDABILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY IN THE CAPITAL MARKETS
- Matt Kwatinetz, Director, NYU Urban Lab, Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate [Moderator]
- Stephen Benjamin, Managing Partner and CEO, The Dermot Company
- Paula Roy Carethers, Director of Real Estate, Archdiocese of New York
- Ayanna Oliver-Taylor, Managing Director, L+M Development Partners
- Gary Rodney, Managing Director, Affordable Housing, Acquisitions & Development
ECONOMIC AND INTEREST RATE OUTLOOK ADDRESS POST-PANDEMIC RETURN TO THE GOLDEN APPLE
- Mayor Eric Adams
WE ARE STILL THE GOLDEN APPLE
- Larry A. Silverstein, Chairman, Silverstein Properties
23rd ANNUAL GOLDEN APPLE PANEL
- Robert S. Blumenthal, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Real Estate, Gaming, Lodging, and Leisure Group, Americas Deutsche Bank Securities [Moderator]
- Marty Burger, CEO, Silverstein Properties
- MaryAnne Gilmartin, Founder and CEO, MAG Partners
- Scott Rechler, Chairman & CEO, RXR
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman, Related Companies
- Bill Rudin, CEO and Co-Chairman, Rudin Management Company
Discussion of Opportunities and Challenges in a Post-Pandemic Inflationary Environment
- James D. Kuhn, President and Head of Investor Services, Newmark
- Barry Sternlicht, Chairman and CEO, Starwood Capital Group
AFTERNOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- CREFC DEBT FINANCE PANEL
- RISK MANAGEMENT AND DATA - Using Data to Manage Macro, Financial and Environmental Risk
About the NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate
The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate was founded in 1967 at the initiative of prominent members of the New York City real estate community, who encouraged NYU to establish an academic center that would provide a world-class education for industry professionals. More than 50 years later, the Schack Institute is at the forefront of real estate education and is recognized globally as one of the world’s leading centers of real estate research and pedagogy. Across the Institute’s graduate degree programs—notably the MS in Real Estate, the MS in Construction Management, and the MS in Real Estate Development—as well as a rapidly expanding undergraduate degree program, enrollment has grown to more than 1,000 full- and part-time students from across the United States and nearly 50 other countries. In addition to its flagship degree programs, thousands of working professionals enroll in the Schack Institute’s executive education, diploma, and career advancement programs each year.
An anchor of real estate academia’s engagement with industry, the Institute is home to the REIT Center, the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment, and the newly established Urban Lab. In addition, the Institute hosts national industry events, including annual conferences on real estate capital markets and the REIT sector. Under the direction of the Schack Institute’s faculty, ongoing applied research at the Institute spans an exceptional range of issues in real estate development and investment, urban economics, and market structure and regulation. sps.nyu.edu/schack
NYU School of Professional Studies
For more than 87 years, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) has been a deeply respected institution of higher education grounded in applied learning. From its early years, training returning World War II veterans to fulfill the nation’s urgent need for skilled technical workers, it has evolved into a professional education powerhouse that offers 22 graduate degrees, 13 bachelor’s degrees for traditional and degree completion students, four associate degrees, and a plethora of continuing education courses and credentials.
Home to some of the largest and most prestigious industry conferences in the world, including the NYU SPS Institute on Federal Taxation, the Schack Institute of Real Estate’s Capital Markets Conference, REIT Symposium, and National Symposium of Women in Real Estate; and the Jonathan M. Tisch Center’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, the School’s invaluable connections to industry leaders is a truly distinguishing factor in the education that it provides. Through career development services and resources provided by the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development at NYU SPS, guest lecturers, site visits, participation in numerous conferences and events, and Global Field Intensives, students benefit from an NYU education that will set them apart. In addition, they have the opportunity to learn from and network with more than 39,000 NYU SPS alumni who live, work, and contribute to innovation in industries around the world. To learn more about NYU SPS, visit sps.nyu.edu.
PR Office Contacts